Crosby Associates Media Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), Crosby Associates Media Limited of Burlington House, Crosby Road North, Liverpool L22 0PJ is the data controller and we will comply with our obligations under the Act.
This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.crosbyassociates.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.crosbyassociates.co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you email us, make an enquiry about our services, place an order with us, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a magazine or newsletter, apply for a vacancy and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, interests and preferences, professional information (such as, but not limited to, your job title and details of your employer) and any other information relevant to your enquiry or request for information or services which we may request and you may choose to provide to us from time to time.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
• Information we receive from your colleagues. We may also receive information about you from your colleagues. Such information will only be provided to us where your colleagues have confirmed that you have consented to your information being collected and processed by us.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, assistance and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, telephone) with information about opportunities, goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale, enquiry or negotiations of a sale to you, or with information about opportunities, goods and services we feel may be of interest to you, such as but not limited to information relating to events, publications, newsletters, or information about offers we have negotiated with third parties.
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to deliver relevant marketing information to you;
• to provide our services to you, or enable selected third parties to provide you with relevant marketing information or services; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, including but not limited to suggestions and recommendations about events, membership benefits and offers, surveys, newsletters and publications.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (including, but not limited to, our professional advisors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or in relation to any ancillary requirements.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Crosby Associates Media Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using one of the following methods:
• by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• by telephone on +44 (0)33 0124 3780, Monday to Friday (except public/bank holidays) between 9am and 5pm]; or
• by post at Unsubscribe, Crosby Associates Media Limited, Burlington House, Crosby Road North, Liverpool, L22 0PJ, United Kingdom.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.